Imagine, you visit a home decor store, the salesman would invite you in and persuade you to check out a product in their ambient surroundings. The complete decor and surroundings will be designed to highlight the product. The salesman would try to get across to you on why you should buy the product from their store and not from the store across the road.
All this, that the salesman does, your website should be able to do in a few seconds after a new visitor opens it!
Your website should be able to do enough for the visitor to stick around, or else, everything is lost. According to one Kissmetric report, 94% of the visitors position visuals and appearances above other factors while shopping.
Drupal themes serve an ideal experience for this purpose along with the customer’s taste. You can use the best themes from the pack without slowing down your website or losing the color scheme.
Understanding Ecommerce Themes
Brands use Ecommerce themes to deliver the best possible experience for their customers when they visit their corner of the web! Using themes is important to capture customer’s attention and deliver the best brand experience for your website.
Let’s talk about what features we should look for when choosing an eCommerce theme for your website. The eCommerce theme should have a modern and more importantly a clean design. It should be able to help you build a responsive web application and should also be packed with cross-selling and upselling capabilities. One must also ensure that it provides customization options like add ons, translation ready, page builder, etc.
Best E-commerce themes available in Drupal
SShop is among those Drupal 8 themes which are responsible for providing the users with inbuilt support for Drupal Commerce. This theme is entirely free and lets the user add as many fields as needed for a default product type. It is also responsive and intuitive at the same time.
- Based on Bootstrap, SShop is a fully responsive theme
- It operates well with the Font Awesome Icons module.
- This theme consists of a multi-level responsive header menu that provides the user with smart menu libraries.
- Views Slideshow modules are the ones that provide the slideshow on the homepage of the E-commerce website.
- The user can adjoin fields to the Default Product type.
- The homepage on a website is constructed with the Page Manager module.
Belgrade is Drupal Commerce out of the box template which is specially designed for the purpose of creating business websites. Although this particular template is still experimental, It should be noted that it is not a stable design. It requires Drupal 8.
Shoppe Zymphones Theme
Fully compatible with Drupal eCommerce 'Commerce' module, the Shoppe Zymphones theme is dynamic. It can be customized as a Drupal 8 multipurpose e-commerce theme and offers limitless possibilities to create your online store unique and beautiful.
- It allows Mobile-first theme.
- Create a client list for the ease of management.
- Add Social media links to the site.
- It comes with Sass & Compass source file included and provides a well organized Sass code.
- Add a custom slider for unlimited image upload options.
- Within the Home page layouts, you can add: 4 column news layout, 4 column updates layout, 4 column bottom layout, and 4 column footer layout.
This is a mobile-first theme that gives the best display for products to be sold easily and faster. Flexi Cart uses SASS variables for global application and it provides clear code and comments for the theme. Drupal Commerce 2.x is a must in order to use this module.
- It is a mobile-first theme
- It covers 18+ regions
- Has a smooth scroll animation
- Provisions font awesome icons
- Offers a fluid layout
- Includes a well organized Sass & Compass source file and colors are stored in Sass variable
- Can configure the Slider or Banner
E-store Bootstrap Multipurpose E-Commerce theme with an elegant design that is suitable for selling E-Store products. It is considered to be a fully responsive Drupal 8 theme that adjusts automatically to any screen size or resolution.
Built with all the “must-have” features of an online store in mind, E-store is constructed to meet any type of commerce site project's specific needs. It offers integration options with some of the most popular commerce modules like eshop, PayPal cart, etc.
Because of the open-ended nature of the design, the addition of supportive shopping carts won't cause a headache to the user.
- The E-store is a fully responsive, Bootstrap based theme.
- It operates well with the Font Awesome Icons module.
- This theme lets the user add fields to the Default Product type.
- By using the custom layout homepage is built with the help of the Page Manager module.
- It has many different layouts of the product.
Commerce Bootstrap base theme
Commerce Bootstrap base theme is a sub-theme for Bootstrap. It overrides the Drupal Commerce templates to match up with the Bootstrap and other dependencies.
This theme is examined to be used as a base theme, hence speeding up the theming of the Drupal Commerce store.
Here's how you can create a custom sub-theme using Bootstrap:
- Grants the user with components that can be easily customized to the most precise design specs, and provide a solid framework of interactions.
- As a website holder, the user can either change these themes using the Advanced Theme Settings or do these custom on the project itself.
- There are many parts of Bootstrap that the user can reuse and restyle for the projects pretty easily. Parts like the grid, breakpoints, messaging, and modals.
- In Drupal 8, there are many template files for almost every HTML component printed on the page, so the user can easily customize the way that Bootstrap classes are applied.
- (It should be taken into account that this theme is not stable, hence updates may cause a break)
Startup Growth Lite
Startup Growth Lite is examined to be a free Bootstrap based Drupal theme. It stabilizes the modern and classic touch, including gorgeous typography, careful use of the white space with a pinch of a taste of minimalism.
Startup Growth Lite is constructed and carefully crafted to accord with the best practices which are recommended for SEO.
Primarily designed for the business and listing websites, Startup Growth Lite comes bundled with Drupal Commerce providing the user with many e-commerce solutions right after installation.
- This theme is based entirely on the Bootstrap 3 framework.
- It supports 1, 2 and 3-column layout with HTML5 and CSS3 languages.
- It provides the users with a Font Awesome Module. This module provides the user with the CKEditor plugin to let them choose the Font Awesome icons directly from the editor along with the Font Awesome Icon Field to join directly to entities.
- There are around 12 carefully selected, awesome Color Schemes to select from. Color schemes include blue, orange, red, pink, and purple. Each of which consists of two different versions. The user can choose the one that fits their brand with a click on the theme-settings.
- This theme is a Drupal Commerce Ready theme and thus can be used to create an E-commerce website.
Commerce theme is designed in a way that helps your online selling fast and inexpensive. The layout of this theme always fits perfectly no matter what the screen size is, mobile phone, desktop, or tablet.
- Pocket friendly
- Consists of well-organized files
- Easy modification and customization
- Easily fits in every screen size
- Works well with Drupal 7
These are our top recommendations of Drupal eCommerce themes that you can use.
Good themes only lead to an improvement and engagement with the website’s content in addition to being attractive. Therefore, having a website with striking layouts and styles is not only significant for a website but crucial too.
Drupal themes are extremely powerful. They provide the website with more than just colors and layouts.
Contact us at [email protected] to understand the needs of your business better.